In the Los Angeles area several groups hold networking events for technology and media companies. However, Cliff and a couple friends created free LINC events to fill a specific need in L.A., so these co-organizers hosted these local digital and software bizdev events.
If you are involved in guiding or managing some aspect of a digital media or software company you’ll want to come meet others like you. Be sure to RSVP now because we’re quickly approaching the limit on the number of people that the location can handle. (After you RSVP you’ll be able to see who else is coming.)
If you would like to host casual networking events like this for people in your industry, here are the guidelines we’ve followed:
- Find a location that’s easy for most people to get to.
- Make sure parking is convenient and as inexpensive as possible.
- Choose a venue that will provide a large, open meeting area – and has good food.
- Recruit one or more sponsors who will pay for the venue and food so you won’t have to charge admission.
- Invite people in a narrow enough industry or sector that it’s likely that everyone would like to meet each other.
Here in the Los Angeles community we are fortunate to have a large number of high-tech and “new media” companies. However, in other industries and regions it may be difficult to find a large cluster of people in your industry to invite.
If this happens, encourage every person you invite to use the “Send Invitation to Friend” form on the event web page to invite people they know. Take advantage of the connectedness of your community to attract a larger group of people who will all be glad you organized the event.